Conduct Ethics EAPM Executive
£32,000 - £35,000 + benefits
2,5 years fixed term contract
35 hours per week (happy to talk flexible working)
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability. Given the many recent changes in the world of work, there has never been a more interesting and important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free access to LinkedIn Learning and flexible working arrangements.
As Conduct Ethics EAPM Executive, you will facilitate the Code of Conduct and Ethics functions of the CIPD & the EAPM Secretariat. This role supports the Code of Conduct team and takes the lead on investigations and CIPD complaints. This role plays a key part in ensuring we meet our targets by working quickly and efficiently while maintaining high standards and quality relationships with all stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing
Code of Conduct
- Investigations management: coordinating & undertaking interviews; witness, member & complainant submissions; leading volunteer panel members; preparing & redacting documents
- Researching potential CIPD complaints for presentation to CIPD Designated Officers
- Conduct hearings: preparing bundles, taking notes/minutes
- Code of Conduct support including inbox backup; volunteer recruitment; volunteer management & training
- Collation and analysis of statistics & insights from the Code of Conduct cases, developing case studies, materials and CIPD products
- Developing Ethical Dilemma Bank
- Development & issue of surveys
- Coordinating & supporting ethics events & focus groups
European Association for People Management
- Management of the EAPM inbox (using judgement to address requests or flag for further attention)
- Managing the EAPM Secretariat calendar and files/folders
- Arranging and supporting (virtual) meetings & events with EAPM Members and third parties
- Arranging, supporting and facilitate events and other services for members
- Drafting correspondence on behalf of the Secretariat and Board
- Sending regular communications to the EAPM membership
- Participating at the Board meetings
- Contributing to projects when necessary and appropriate to the priorities of the Code and ethics objectives
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Legal and or governance knowledge/experience would be an advantage
- Experience working in the HR profession and CIPD qualified will best position the post holder to identify insights from the Code of Conduct cases and contribute to development of emerging practice
- Operation of the procedures requires excellent administrative, organisational and project management skills, with the ability to work under time constraints and meet challenging targets. The individual should be self-motivated with high levels of drive, an ethical approach and ability to analyse and solve problems and determine, recommend, and implement solutions. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
- You will enjoy working in a busy, friendly team and must be able and willing to operate flexibly and switch priorities when necessary
- Computer literacy, with ability to use Microsoft office and teams to a high standard are essential. The postholder will need to be familiar with web and telephone conference facilities and social media platforms
- Socially aware, the postholder will be sensitive to cultural dimensions and have an understanding of geopolitical issues. You will be dealing with people for whom English is not their first language so being articulate is essential for effective communication. Any European secondary language would be useful
- The role requires excellent interpersonal skills including an ability to manage relationships effectively and with influence. You should be diplomatic and confident working across a wide range of stakeholders with the ability to establish and maintain credibility and to deal with highly sensitive situations and challenging customers.
Please note, this advert is due to close on Monday 29 June 2020. Following this application deadline, the next stage will be video interview. We are aiming to conduct interviews WC 29 June 2020.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click the link below.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge you to submit an application as soon as possible.