EDUCATION VISITOR PANEL MEMBERS
We are seeking four lay member to join our Education Visitor Panel, to work with us in our approval and quality assurance of optical qualifications.
This is an exciting time for optical education quality assurance. As the optical sector evolves our Education Strategic Review will make sure that we continue to protect the public by ensuring that the accreditation, quality assurance and standards of education of optical professionals in the UK continues to be fit for purpose. The Education Visitor Panel performs a key role in facilitating any developments arising from this review.
We are seeking Panel members who can analyse and interpret complex information and evidence, work together whilst showing regard to the views and advice of others and think logically to achieve well founded impartial decisions. You will have skills which include:
- demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion – dealing with people and issues honestly, fairly and with respect;
- understanding of higher education and qualification frameworks; standards and competency based assessment / assessment frameworks; and/or approaches to risk based quality assurance; and
- ability to understand and operate within a complex legislative framework - thinking logically and weighing evidence to achieve well-founded impartial decisions and reasoning.
Remuneration: daily fee of £319 plus reasonable travel and subsistence expenses
Time commitment: 10 to 18 days per annum
Interviews (online): w/c 14 & 21 Sept 2020
Training Oct- Dec 2020
Appointment start: 1 Jan 2021
Your responsibilities will include:
- reading and analysing documentation sent in advance (and during) the visit;
- participation in the visit to gather, test and verify evidence;
- reviewing evidence, assessing risk and making judgements on the adequacy and quality of a programme; and
- contributing to the drafting of the report, including recommendations.
For further details about these vacancies or to apply please click here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GOC 01(20).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12PM, FRI 7 AUG 2020