NAFD Policy and Public Affairs Manager
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Manager
Salary: £40k – 45k (depending on experience)
Holiday: 25 days plus public holidays (rising to 28 days after 5 years and to 30
after 10 years)
Location: Flexible, depending on personal circumstances (some travel
required). The Association’s Offices are in Solihull, West Midlands.
- Flexible working options (including the option to work from home
- Generous pension (employer contribution of 8%)
- Life insurance
- Up to 5 professional development days per year, with access to training
and networking opportunities through organisations such as the
Professional Associations Research Network (PARN).
- A values driven organisational culture, encouraging inclusion and diversity
The National Association of Funeral Directors (“the Association”) is proud to
be the voice of the funeral profession, representing the views and interests
of funeral businesses. Independent and inclusive, the NAFD is the largest
trade association for the funeral sector with more than 4,100 funeral homes
represented as well as hundreds of suppliers to the sector and international
Helping grieving families is at the heart of why we exist, and our values guide
us in everything we do to assist our members and the families they support.
You can read more about the Association’s work here .
The Policy and Public Affairs Manager will perform a key role, supporting the
Association in fulfilling its ambitions and ensuring it, and its members, are
adequately equipped for future challenges. The successful candidate will
bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in a truly innovating manner, be
values driven and strategically minded.
- Coordinate key relationships with stakeholders and the Association’s
external support providers/professional advisers.
- Manage the research, development and implementation of policy
required for NAFD to remain progressive in the development, promotion
and protection of the profession, including a move towards regulation, in
line with strategic objectives.
- Manage a range of projects and activities arising from regulatory
challenges and the changing policy landscape.
- Represent the Association at external meetings, including meetings of the
APPGs and CPGs.
- Brief, support and deputise for the CEO and other NAFD representatives,
-How you work is as important as the outcomes you deliver. We are
passionate about teamwork and values and we will assess you against these
and other behaviours during the selection process, including: change and
continuous improvement; ethical leadership; delivering at pace; and
communicating and Influencing others.
Our ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (or equivalent), have
proven experience of:
- supporting policy development projects;
- gathering evidence to support policy positions taken;
- writing reports and briefings;
- drafting policy positions and/or responses to public consultations.
A strategic and political understanding and working knowledge of current
affairs and parliamentary processes in the UK is essential. Prior experience of
working in a professional body and/or regulated organisation is highly
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to grow and develop
their career in a fantastic organisation where the focus is on continually
striving to improve and exceed your personal and our organisational goals.
Click the link here to apply: www.nafd.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=0effd7b9-6b52-4b9d-8cf4-be65ed390eae
This listing closes 31/10/2020.