About this job
Job Title: Professional Skills & Career Manager (Registrar)
Location: Home based but with regular meetings in the West Midlands
Salary: Band 1 £50,000 – £75,000 p.a.
The vacancy is for the role of Professional Skills & Careers Manager (Registrar), working closely with the CEO (Line manager) to lead the development of TIAH’s professional framework, associated competencies and career pathways. The job holder will also be responsible for the Institute’s apprenticeship and careers offer, stakeholder engagement and registrar duties. As the organisation and role are both new, responsibilities are subject to change.
- Develop and maintain the professional framework and competencies to be fit for purpose to support the development of individuals already within the industry and to provide career pathways to attract new entrants
- Map existing relevant programmes/accreditation and develop the recognition approach
- Develop and implement the CPD strategy
- Lead on Apprenticeships
- Map and develop careers information, including signposting existing initiatives and positioning agriculture as a career of choice for a diverse range of people
- Build, develop and secure partnerships with key bodies
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that TIAH products align and, where appropriate, add value to the existing initiatives within scope
- Keep abreast of offers from similar professional bodies and appraise for relevance/priority within TIAH scope and to feedback relevant improvement and development ideas
- Represent TIAH at meetings, conferences, talks and events where required
- Work collaboratively with all TIAH staff and key stakeholders, specifically: Defra and other Government Departments, Consultation Group Partners, Suppliers and consultants, and Farmer and growers
- Work closely with the Membership & Business Development Manager to ensure that the framework meets membership requirements and with the Digital Manager in the development of the digital offer
- Line management of the Professional Development team: Careers Officer, CPD Officer
- Management of consultant contracts related to: careers, CPD, framework content, and recognition/ accreditation
- Support the Operations Manager to develop project requirements, specifications and project plans for the delivery of projects once approved by the Board
- Arrange the general business of TIAH in relation to professional matters as the primary communications channel for these matters in close liaison with the BD&M Manager
- Lead on all matters concerns regulations, policy, training and activities relating to members and workforce
- Co-ordinate responses to formal consultations
- Process records and related duties
- Any other responsibilities commensurate with the post that the CEO may require
- Behaviour expectations: Trust, efficiency, quality, expertise, can-do attitude, and affinity and understanding of TIAH’s aims and objectives
- Role holder is expected to be set up for remote working, including a dedicated safe workspace with adequate and secure internet connection and reception. Laptop provided.
- Ability to travel within the UK required, including regular team meetings held in the West Midlands.
- Ability to work flexibly required, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Degree educated
- Substantial relevant experience of skills, training and development,
- Experience of working in a membership body and maintaining a professional framework structure and CPD system
- Extensive experience of having led the development and introduction of new careers, learning or training initiatives.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders including government and/or public bodies and an ability to build and develop peer-to-peer senior industry relationships
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as a part of a team but be self-disciplined to work alone on a day-to-day basis
- Flexible approach to work, including the ability to recognise a need and act on it
- Purpose and outcome-driven, seeing work streams from inception to successful delivery.
- Leader, able to manage and inspire team members
- Attention to quality and client excellence.
- Experience working within the agriculture and horticulture industry
- Salary range: Band 1 £50,000 – £75,000 p.a.
- This position is being offered on a full-time (35 hrs per week), permanent contract. (Funding for posts initial for 9 months but may be extended depending on securing future funding years.)
- Home-based (occasional UK travel will be required, including regular team meetings within the West Midlands)
- Working hours: Flexible working opportunities within core hours (9:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday). Occasional nights and weekends required.
- 36 days paid annual leave pro rata (inclusive of 8 bank holidays and 3 privilege days at Christmas)
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Employee pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Company car allowance (£6,000)
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Applications must be submitted only to PARN (Professional Associations Research Network) who are acting as recruiters on behalf of TIAH. Complete Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Professional Skills & Careers Manager at TIAH - Application’. Applications must include:
Deadlines for applications is 28 July 2021. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held virtually on 10th/ 11 August 2021. The successful candidate is expected to start as soon as their current notice period allows, and no later than 15 November 2021.
The applicant must have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail. Please contact Will Pritchard, Services Manager at the Professional Associations Research Network, via firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, see our website www.tiah.org.